From: Simon Dürr (simon.duerr_at_uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2016 - 07:01:01 CDT

Hi list,

I have added an extra segment to my system which is a part of nucleic acid
double helix but with different atom names and VMD therefore does not
recognize it as nucleic when loading the structure.
Before I create a script to rename all the atoms with vmd and then
reanalyzing the structure is there an easier way to tell vmd that this is
nucleic acid and should be rendered with cartoon?

If I did it with a script: Do I only have to change the atom name or also
the atom type for VMD to recognize it as nucleic ?
$sel set name NucleicAtomName
mol reanalyze $mol

Cheers,
Simon