From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2016 - 15:31:05 CDT

Hi,
  I wonder how you ended up getting a degenerate cylinder.
What graphical representations were you using in VMD?
Unless you expect to do something particularly unique with POV-Ray,
I would suggest that you try using one of the built-in Tachyon renderers
since they work very well on the Mac and they won't yield this particular
kind of issue like POV-Ray does with its particular ASCII scene format.
If you feel it is important to you to use POV-Ray, I can give you
some workarounds you can try if you're going to combine geometry from
VMD with other POV-Ray geometry for a specific kind of outcome.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/