From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 26 2016 - 12:32:21 CDT

If you prepare a template solvent box, it is possible to use the
"solvate" plugin with custom solvent boxes, as well as the standard
water box it builds by default. See the documentation for the solvate
plugin for more information. Also, if the solvate plugin doesn't do
what you want, then you would likely want to use "psfgen" to prepare the
structure which is more involved but allows greater control.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/