From: Laura Joana (laurajoanalopes_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2016 - 10:41:05 CDT

Dear all,

Before my question: I'm looking for a command line solution as I'm writing
a script for VMD!

Is there a way to write a velocity binary file (.vel) from a dcd file using
VMD?

There are no commands in the VMD user guide to write coordinates and
velocities binary files. After some research I found the command
"writenamdbin", used to write a coordinate binary file after using the
atomselect command (I can choose the frame with that, so it seams nice).
But, as I can not find any documentation about that command I don't really
know how to use it. Does this command writes velocity binary files also?
Bests,

Laura