From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2016 - 21:57:04 CST

Hi,
  At present the VMD Gromacs plugin doesn't read velocities, but if you have
some sample files we could use for testing, it might only require a minor
change to add this capability. When the code was originally written, the
versions of VMD at that time didn't support velocities, but the current
versions do.