From: sunyeping (sunyeping_at_aliyun.com)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2015 - 11:39:27 CDT

Dear John, It's pity that my VMD crash again after I installed NAMD. The same Segmentation fault occurs when opening. But the text mode is normal by "vmd -dispdev text". As you mentioned, this may indicate that there is something wrong with the graphics driver installation. But which do you mean about the graphics driver? The Nvidia-driver? I didn't get any error when installing NVIDIA-driver. Now how to fix it? Besides, when opening vmd, there are some warnings: Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs Warning) try disabling this X server option.  Most OpenGL drivers Warning) disable stereoscopic display when 'Composite' is enabled. Are they the cause of VMD crash? Yeping Sun Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences