From: Miroslav Krepl (krepl_at_seznam.cz)
Date: Wed Sep 16 2015 - 09:41:29 CDT

Hello again,

I have been tinkering with this problem on and off for about a month and
still found no solution.

The text font size in VMD does not seem to be affected by changing the X
server DPI value at all. I even tried some other computers and Linux
distros and desktop managers with the same result.

Could someone else please verify whether changing the X server DPI value
changes the font size in their VMD or not?

If it does not then I'd like to humbly make a feature request - menu
option to allow to manually change the font sizes within the vmd itself.

The high DPI displays are on the rise, so this problem is definitely
going to become more and more common. Based on extensive google search
on the general subject, I see it is already a problem in many other
apps, both linux and windows based (e.g. Skype). Imo, fixing this in VMD
is important future proofing.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Miroslav Krepl