From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 2015 - 10:29:11 CDT

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Vidyalakshmi CM
<vidyalakshmi.cm_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am using gromacs module 4.6.5 on a computing platform for parallel
> programming. I am working on this platform for the first time. And I am
> finding the same problem in more than one trajectory output files obtained
> from this system.
>
> I tried to download the file to my local machine (using Winscp) once at
> around 10 ns simulation (~2000 frames) and then I deleted this file in the
> local machine and downloaded again after completion of the simulation. (Such
> transfer of files on other computing platforms never resulted in files
> getting corrupted).
>
> The total number of entries in the log file is correct. And also when I am
> using gromacs programs that read .xtc trajectory (like for rmsd
> calculation), the number of timesteps read are correct ( i.e complete 24195
> ps)

did you run those gromacs analysis/check programs on windows?
otherwise it is not a convincing argument.

which version of VMD are you using?

> So, it looks like the number of files in the output trajectory are correct
> but they are not appearing in VMD.

unless you can provide me with a convincing proof that VMD is failing
on correct files, there is little that can be done.

axel.