From: Neelanjana Sengupta (senguptan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 07 2015 - 15:48:40 CDT

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the pointer; it is indeed useful. However, what I need is a bit
more complicated...

Suppose I have a known structure, say "A-coil1-B-coil2-C", obtained from
the PDB database, where 'A', 'B', and 'C' are secondary structural
elements, connected by coil1 and coil2. I would like to modify coil1 and
coil2 (by changing both their sequence and length), but retain the original
relative orientations and hydrogen-bonding of A, B and C.

VMD community: any suggestions about this?

Thanks,
Neelanjana