From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2015 - 15:42:32 CDT

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Maria Sander
<mailbox.of.maria.sander_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am currently trying to visualize a molecule using the
> "Graphics->Representations->Draw Style->Coloring Method->Mass" option.
> However, I would like to change the color that is set by default for each
> different mass.
>
> I found that I can see all different masses in my system using the
> "Graphics->Representations->Selections->Keyword->mass" option, but I wasn't
> able to figure out how to proceed from here.

this is about selecting atoms, not the color scheme. for the mass
property VMD uses a continuous color scale.

you can select and adjust the color scale in:
Graphics->Colors->Color Scale->Method
and use the sliders.

you can adjust how the range of masses is mapped via:
Graphics->Representations->Trajectory-> Color Scale Data Range

for more details, please refer to the explanations of those dialogs in
the VMD users guide.

axel.