From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2015 - 03:59:03 CST

Thanks for all the replies.

John,
I know that we could load mrc files and I do it all the time to check
fittings. I was just not sure whether the plugin mdff check can read mrc.
Turns out it does.

Ryan and Tristan,
I understand directly trimming the potential is bad but what I was
interested in is how my system response to separate MDFF for each dimer in
vacuum and will soon return to the original 4-dimer big system so I think
it is fine. Thanks for the reminder anyway.

I have used the very original mrc file instead and it works fine giving
reasonable ccc. However what I could not understand is why my previous
calculation gave a negative value (with similar magnitude). As Tristan has
mentioned, the griddx map might be inverted. However what I have done is
just trimmed the original potential file (griddx) and I always load it into
VMD to check fitting and found no weirdness.
​So in what manner my griddx is inverted?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin