From: Norman Geist (
Date: Thu Feb 05 2015 - 06:46:40 CST

vmd consists of more than only the startup script located in /usr/bin. So to
completely remove the old one, which isn't really necessary, you'd need to

rm /usr/bin/vmd; #not VMD

rm -r /usr/local/lib/vmd*; #or similar

To install you might need to be root for the "make install" only, as normal
users may not write to /usr.

change to vmd dir

cd src

sudo make install