From: Albert (mailmd2011_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2015 - 12:05:14 CST

Hello:

I've installed latest 1.9.2 in my openSUSE 13.1 Linux OS X64 laptop
which contains nvidia Quadrao K1100M+Intel HD4000. I've installed
bumblee driver in my system. I can run all the rest software with
optirun without any errors. However, when I try to run vmd with command:

optirun /opt/vmd-1.9.2/bin/vmd

It always failed with messages:

  libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
[VGL] WARNING: The OpenGL rendering context obtained on X display
[VGL] :8 is indirect, which may cause performance to suffer.
[VGL] If :8 is a local X display, then the framebuffer device
[VGL] permissions may be set incorrectly.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro K1100M/PCIe/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) MDE MTX NPOT PP PS
Info) GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (4096x4096x4096), Multitexture (4)
[VGL] ERROR: in readPixels--
[VGL] 374: GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object extension not available

I tried different version of VMD-.1.9.2 for Linux OS, but all of them
failed with the same errors as indicated above.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thx a lot

Albert