From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 04:03:18 CST

Can we see the script?

Norman Geist.

Von: owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu [mailto:owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu] Im Auftrag von Eric Smoll
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Dezember 2014 21:20
An: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Betreff: vmd-l: Question

Hello VMD users,

I am trying to build a script for a workflow that I can carry out completely with the GUI. I used the "Log Tcl commands to file" setting but running the script with

vmd -e script.tcl

results in a few errors:

"illegal molecule specification '1'"

"illegal molecule specification '2'"

"illegal molecule specification '3'"

The scene is visible in the OpenGL window but not entirely correct. I have a scene where I load 4 files with different molecule id's. Three molecule id's have 1 representation, and one has 4 representations.

The GUI produced the file. I don't understand why it is not working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am running version 1.9.1 on linux.

Best,

Eric