From: gergely.gyimesi_at_ibmm.unibe.ch
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 02:38:55 CST

Dear VMD-L users,

I have recently installed VMD 1.9.1 (non-CUDA) and 1.9.2beta1 (CUDA) pre-built binaries on a MacBook Air 11“ running OS X Yosemite and right after loading any PDB structure, the OpenGL window becomes unresponsive (i.e. does not freeze, but the splash animation stops, molecule does not show and rotation/translation don’t work). Neither VMD versions work.
I’ve seen the thread about problems in Yosemite beta in September, but now Yosemite’s out, and I wonder if those issues have been resolved. Plus, my issue seems different as I don’t get freezes in the Finder window, in fact everything else seems to work apart from the OpenGL.
The Mac is a MacBookAir6,1 with Intel HD Graphics 5000.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue before?
Is there anything I can try to resolve this? (e.g. a more recent build of VMD?)

Thanks for the help.

Best,
Gergely Gyimesi

--