From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 11:19:55 CST

Hi,
  The automatic normalization you asked about is controlled by the
color scale settings in the 'trajectory' tab of the graphical
representations window. If you set the "color scale data range"
manually, VMD will not use the normalized values and will instead use the
values you select as the min/max values between which a color ramp is
generated. Let us know if you need more help with this.