From: Tim Lo (timlo_at_hku.hk)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2014 - 20:48:32 CST

Hi Peng,

You may feel uncomfortable about Axel's comments but what he says is for
your benefit. It prevents you from just superficially *knowing* the
answer without thoroughly *understanding* the answer. For some
fundamental conceptual questions, it may be too tedious and impractical
to answer them in full detail in this mailing list. If you can find the
answer yourself, you can understand the answer in depth and you will be
able to gear up to tackle similar problems in the future. Actually,
there are often some references in the webpage of each VMD plugin. For
the g(r) plugin, see
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/gofrgui/. Axel have provided
some useful references there, including the calculation principles
implemented in the plugin.

Regards,
Tim