From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 14:48:09 CDT

Hi,
  None of the easy-to-use free movie encoders are capable of generating
stereoscopic movies. To generate a stereoscopic movie using the built-in
VMD tools, you would essentially render two complete sets of frames,
and then feed them into a stereoscopic-capable movie encoder. You could
probably get VMD to generate a stereo movie for "bino" using one of the
over/under or side-by-side stereo modes in combination with the "snapshot"
renderer, but you wouldn't be able to play the movie except in a
similar 3-D aware viewer like "bino":
  http://bino3d.org/

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/