From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2014 - 14:32:48 CDT

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Dave Schall <schalljd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Axel,
>
> How do you create the dummy atoms in topotools for output to lammps?
>
> Say I have a pdb file with molecule A having atom types A1 and A2 and
> molecule B having types B1 and B2.
>
> In a system with a mix of A and B my lammps coord file would have atoms
> tagged as A1=1, A2=2, B1=3, B2=4.
>
> If I have a system containing only B molecules, is there a way to make
> topotools dump the B atoms as lammps type 3 and 4 for lammps (instead of
> defaulting to 1 and 2) so I don't need to renumber everything in the lammps
> input script to match the coord file?

topotools was written under the assumption that this was not needed.
the interface to LAMMPS data files came later. i think at the moment
the best way is to postprocess the data file with an
awk/perl/python/tcl script and tell it to fix up what needs fixing up
based on parsing the comments for atom types.

i will have to think about what would be a good interface to tell
topotools to reserve space for certain atom/bond/etc. types.