From: Aref Takiden (
Date: Mon Sep 22 2014 - 07:55:53 CDT

I would like to merge several pdb-files into one dcd-like-file, in such away, that at the end, I could see for example the changes in the bond length of the different snapshots(pdb-files) as a graph in the label-window of vmd.

I tried the script animatepdbs.tcl (link:, but it loaded only the first file in spit of that it read the names of the other files. I tested that by adding the command “puts $filename” at the end of the for-loop.
So in other words I had only one frame in my main window of vmd.

I am thankful for any help.

Best regards,

M. Sc. Aref Takiden
Technical University of Berlin