From: Davide Mercadante (dmer018_at_aucklanduni.ac.nz)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 07:08:57 CDT

Hello everyone,

as an update of my latest report (see forwarded) I was not able to solve
it by uninstalling quicklook. It's not that the problem that must come
from either OpenGL or VMD on the latest MacOS.

After running several tests I noticed that the OpenGL window freezes
when VMD opens a window from the OS. For example, it freezes when I open
windows that would browse through my files (Finder window). For example:

  * Load new molecule or add data into a molecule
  * Load visualization state
  * Save file/image/state etc...

As soon as the Finder window is open, the OpenGL display freezes.
Is there any possibility to look into this issue as soon as possible? I
cannot work on VMD anymore...

Thank you.

Cheers,
Davide