From: Dudo (dudomail_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2014 - 04:55:01 CDT

you can download a 30 days trial of accelrys material studio visualizer,
and it allows you to calculate occupied, occupiable and solvent accessible
volumes
for a probe with a given radii and to visualize the surfaces. it allows you
to make a couple of things, set transparency or make a cross section.
however, an even better
implementation of this tool was in UNIX version of the software called
Cerius2, it allowed selecting particular atoms and calculating volumes only
around them.
perhaps this is possible in the scripting interface of Mat Studio. there
exists also a Linux version of this software called Insight II. but I have
no
experiences with this version. (sample
http://s30.postimg.org/y2jvd10up/free_volume.png)

D.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Norman Geist <
norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de> wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> see "measure sasa", the radius of the probe can be chosen and exclusions to
> what is "space" or not can be made.
>
> Norman Geist.

Ing. Dusan Racko, PhD
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dusan_Racko
Polymer Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Dubravska cesta 3
845 41 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
tel: +421 2 3229 4321