From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2014 - 17:24:14 CDT

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Xiaohui She <xshe4_at_wisc.edu> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have made a movie using movie maker tool in VMD to see the trajectory of Lammps output file. When I watch the movie, I find that I can not control the movie back and forth. What I can do is only stopping or running this movie, and no other actions can be done. If I missed one frame that I want to see while the movie is running, I have to restart the movie, and can not move the movie back.
>
> If there is a scrollbar in the movie, then it is convenient to make the movie back and forth to watch what I want to see. I am wondering whether movie maker in VMD can realize this function.

VMD has nothing to do with how you view the movie that you created. it
all depends on the program you use to view that movie.

forward single stepping is easily possible with almost any tool that
can view such movies. backward single stepping is not quite as common,
as practically all animation formats are designed to be viewed forward
and thus need special processing and buffering for backwards viewing
or single stepping.

axel.