From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2014 - 10:02:00 CDT

On Apr 26, 2014 10:38 AM, "Ashish .Chauniyal" <ashishchauniyal_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have also tried saving the combined file in a .pdb format.
> combined.pdb
> It works fine, but am still unable to write the lammpsdata file which
gives me the same error.

Please make sure you have the latest alpha test version of VMD and the
up-to-date version of topotools. Also, if you are by chance running on
windows, all your RAM and CPU cores are not helping you much.

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Ashish .Chauniyal <
ashishchauniyal_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Josh,
>> I tried executing the code line by line, every thing works well except
>> topo writelammpsdata data.composite atomic
>>
>> Also I am not low in memory, I have 16 cores xeon processor, and 32 GB
ram.
>> What seems to be the problem??
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Josh Vermaas <vermaas2_at_illinois.edu>
wrote:

>>> Hi Ashish,
>>>
>>> Segfaults sometimes indicate running out of memory, especially on
32-bit systems. If you enter the script line by line into the tkconsole,
which line causes the problem?
>>> -Josh

two .pdb files consisting of two types of atoms only. As Josh had pointed
I did exactly the same to combine the two files into one.
trying to join to .pdb files consisting of 256000 atoms each, it says
"Segmentation fault (Core Dumped)"

out of it. Please can someone find what am I doing wrong, my TCL console
says invalid command name "x" this x keeps on changing and I cant pinpoint
where the error is. Here is the code.