From: Adam Goler (adamgoler_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2014 - 14:08:10 CDT

Hello again,

I would like to call functions from dcdplugin.c (found
here<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/dcdplugin_8c.html>)
but this file does not seem to be within the VMD directory on my machine
(v. 1.9.1). How can I import this file (or the whole API) to a C program in
order to call the functions within? It seems like there are header files
vmdplugin.h, vmdconio.h, etc. but none of them are complete. I suppose I
could try to copy+paste the source into a .c file on my machine, but I
wonder if there is a cleaner way to go about this?

Also, John, can I just write a .c program that takes my data as input and
calls VMD's dcd-writing commands to output a dcd file, or do I need to
write a plugin and run it through VMD?

Thanks,
Adam