From: Jim Nettles (jnettle_at_emory.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 23:25:20 CST

I'm also having the problem displaying the .gro file that Paul sent me.
Here is the output on my machine.

Last login: Thu Feb 12 13:53:35 on ttyp1
/Applications/VMD1.8.2/VMD\ 1.8.2.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command;
exit
Welcome to Darwin!
[jnettle-5:~] nettles% /Applications/VMD1.8.2/VMD\
1.8.2.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command; exit
Info) VMD for MACOSX, version 1.8.2 (December 4, 2003)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 1 CPU detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: ATI Radeon 7000 OpenGL Engine
Info) Features: STENCIL RN MTX TCM
Info) Textures: 2-D (1024x1024), 3-D (128x128x128), Multitexture (3)
vmd > Info) Using plugin gro for structure file
/Users/nettles/Data/Concoord/Tubulin/Barret/tub_taxol/
average_structure.gro
Info) Using plugin gro for coordinates from file
/Users/nettles/Data/Concoord/Tubulin/Barret/tub_taxol/
average_structure.gro
Info) Finished with coordinate file
/Users/nettles/Data/Concoord/Tubulin/Barret/tub_taxol/
average_structure.gro.
Info) Analyzing structure ...
Info) Atoms: 864
Info) Residues: 864
Info) Waters: 0
Info) Segments: 1
Info) Fragments: 864 Protein: 0 Nucleic: 0

Thanks,

Jim Nettles

P.S.

This is a 667Mhz Titanium G4 Powerbook I'm running 10.2.8

16MB ATI(AGP) Card Model ATY,RageM6