From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 16:49:01 CST

Ross,
  What does a selection like this leave you with?:
backbone and not (sidechain or name "O.*")

Not knowing what your structure is, its hard for me to guess
if there you have any unusual side groups that VMD wouldn't
recognize with this simple selection. That selection works
fine for PDB code '1e79' for example.