From: Carlos Simmerling (carlos.simmerling_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2014 - 13:25:25 CST

Hi all,

I'm trying to optimize my stereo viewing.
I have windows 7 pro, a quadro fx-4600 and a samsung UN60F8000BF LCD
TV (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60F8000BFXZA) that came with
active stereo glasses. I also have an old stereographics emitter with
3-pin DIN connector that plugs into my quadro card, along with some
stereographics glasses. VMD tells me this at startup:
Info) OpenGL renderer: Quadro FX 4600/PCIe/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL STEREO MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)

So, what I need help with is optimizing my 3D viewing. So far I can
only get this setup to work when I select side by side 3D in VMD, and
on the TV I also select side by side and use the glasses that came
with it. It's ok, but the glasses are cheap and there's some bleed
through, and of course I lose resolution.

I suspect I'd be better off using the emitter and the expensive SG
glasses. When I plug in the emitter, the red light goes on so it seems
to be working. If I select stereo/quadbuffered in VMD, it looks like
it's doing the right thing, but using the SG glasses doesn't seem to
sync properly.

A few other questions:
1) do the settings in the Nvidia control panel under "manage 3D
settings" impact VMD? In there you can choose the 3D mode,
antialiasing, etc. I don't know if that controls the openGL part.
2) Is it possible to send a >60HZ signal to these screens? It claims
it is 240Hz, but I don't know if that's internal interpolation or
accepts inputs >60Hz.

thanks!