From: Jim Nettles (jnettle_at_emory.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 11:52:31 CST

Hello,

        I am new to this list, so I apologize if this is an obvious question.
I searched through the archive and didn't figure it out either.

        I am using VMD 1.8.2 on a Mac with OS10.2.8.

        I have had great fun with VMDs graphic performance, playing/analyzing
dynamics trajectories, and generating smashing images. I want to use
VMD to generate the graphics for a current piece of work involving
protein crystallography. I've run into my problem dealing with the
density maps.

        I have maps from CNS, and CCP4 in different formats, and I can at
least get the X-plor format to load. I would like to see a small piece
of the map centered around my ligand, and then tweak the settings of
color, size etc... for a good picture (similar to what one can do in
"O"). Can someone help me? I didn't find what I was looking for in the
manual. What commands and controls are available to work with these
types of maps?

        Thank you,

        Jim Nettles
        Chemistry/Pharmacology