From: Ryan Hoffman (rmhoff_at_scripps.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2014 - 16:32:14 CST

My understanding about ray tracers in general is that the resulting colors are due to interactions between 'material' and 'lighting' settings. So a red apple under a green light source looks black. But maybe this is some other kind of user error, or maybe even a bug.

What system is this on? Were the binaries pre-compiled?

I'll play for a few more minutes and get back to you.

ry