From: Rasoul Nasiri (nasiri1355_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2013 - 11:42:25 CST

first off, please always copy the mailing list on your reply and don't
reply just to individual people.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Rasoul Nasiri <nasiri1355_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Alex for your reply.
>
> In this case, I think gromacs tools would not be suitable for analysis of
my
> trajectories obtained by ReaxFF. Is'n it?

how should *I* know? i didn't do your simulation, i don't know what
data you collected and i don't know what information you want to
extract from your simulation.

> Which tools do you suggest for dynamic analysis of my system?

your question is backwards. in fact, your entire procedure seems
backwards. if you don't know what kind of analysis you need and with
which tools you want to perform it, how can you even plan and design a
simulation? particularly with reaxff, you need to make sure that you
write out suitable information, e.g. about charges and bond orders, so
you can later post process it. of course, because of the special
nature of reaxff, you have to deal with similar issue than, say, with
semi-empirical or ab initio calculations, where part of the
postprocessing is very model specific and requires writing out or
post-processing intermediate data.

Sorry, I was assuming that analyses are under consideration which can be
influenced by charges and chemical bonds since those are being collected in
*.tpr.

If charges and bonds are considered as fixed values in .tpr, how one can
perform the
analysis properly? Having said this, is there any way one considers
flexible values for
those in .tpr file?

For an example, I'm interest to know how much chemical bonds affect dynamic
behavior
of molecules in interface (liquid-gas) and finally on heat and mass
transfers on fuel droplets in
nano-scale.

Best,
Rasoul