From: ssaurabh_at_physics.iisc.ernet.in
Date: Fri Dec 20 2013 - 14:09:28 CST

Hi all,

   I have prepared a system with two identical molecules placed with
exactly the same orientation at some distance . When I calculate the
principal axis vectors using Orient, I see that the the corresponding
principal axis vectors of the two molecules are not parallel to each
other (principal axis 1 of molecule 1 is not parallel to principal axis
1 of molecule 2 and so on). Shouldn't they be parallel, if the
molecules are exactly the same and have the same orientation? If not,
then why?? Kindly guide me on this.

Thanks.

believed to be clean.