From: Bogdan Costescu (bcostescu_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 04:16:48 CST

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> while nvidia engineers do on and off things that irritate the hard
> core open source people, their proprietary drivers are way ahead of
> the corresponding amd offerings. that is in terms of features,
> configurability, consistency and performance.

I very much agree. Whenever Linux, OpenGL and performance are
mentioned in the same phrase, I only recommend nVidia cards - for more
than 10 years! Things might change in the near future; Valve's Steam
Machine was initially designed around nVidia's offerings - for the
same reasons Axel mentions - but is supposed to get an extended design
including AMD graphic cards. As SteamOS is Linux-based, this might
finally give AMD the incentive to improve their Linux support...

Cheers,
Bogdan