From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 10:02:45 CST

Hi,
  No need to send test messages to VMD-L, the long delay in delivery
time has a lot to do with the massive amount of email load these days.
I got 86 messages between 2am and 9am this morning, and those are just
the ones that made it past the spam filter. It can take a few hours
between the time one posts to VMD-L and the time the last person on
the mailing list gets it. Sometime in the next month or two I hope to
have time to install a new concurrent new mail delivery program to use
with VMD-L to make this speedier...

  John