From: rodolfo gonzalez (rodogonza234_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2013 - 01:57:55 CDT

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your answer. I understand the point about the importance
of the specific environment on the atomic charges of each molecule.
However, I thought that for transferability reasons and for keeping
consistency with the rest of the compounds in the CGenFF the charges of
similar atoms should be kept the same. Isn't that the reason why the server
paramchem provides penalties when looking for homologous parameters for a
new compound?

Thanks again for your reply, as I am new to this procedures, this kind of
discussions are really helpful.