From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2013 - 09:15:06 CDT

Hi,
  Can you try the non-CUDA version of 1.9.1 quickly and verify
that it sees your SpaceNavigator? If it does not, then that would
indicate that the problem is caused by something other than VMD, and
would be an indication that they've changed the communication protocol
or something else and made it incompatible with the original drivers.
I just want to verify that your problem is indeed a VMD issue and not
something else.

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/