From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2013 - 14:12:01 CDT

Hi,
  Which VMD binary are you running? There was a bug in
the 1.9.1 release that prevented Spacenavigator from working
with the CUDA-enabled VMD binary. Try running the non-CUDA
version, or try one of the more recent Windows test versions
of VMD and it should cure the problem. I can do a new test
build of VMD 1.9.2 if necessary to solve your problem.

Cheers,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/