From: Holger Scheib (h.scheib_at_uq.edu.au)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2013 - 02:44:47 CDT

Hello everyone

I'm using VMD for a wide range of research tasks and I do like it a lot. Amongst these tasks is using it for creating images for publications. My problem is linked to this as following:

I want to export a Tachyon-rendered image of a protein in surface representation. Surface charges have been calculated with APBS. In order to make sense of these colors I need to show the "color scale bar" with its legend. I figured out how to place the bar and how to scale it in size. However, when I scale it, the color bar itself changes size, but label size is not affected. If anyone knows how to change this I'd appreciate your input.

The more pressing problem is that although my protein surface looks terrific when I export it using Tachyon, the quality of the color scale bar won't come close to the quality of the image. Is there a way to improve the quality of the "color scale bar" in images? Do you know of any workaround?

Many thanks!

Bye for now,
Holger