From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2013 - 04:22:18 CDT

Francesco,

In my experience, the accuracy gained by using the MP2 method over standard RHF is context/structurally dependent; however, I have observed many cases in which the fine detail of low energy states within a torsion (the important ones during simulation) are only recovered from the higher level of theory. This is also the level of theory prescribed by the authors of CGenFF, so it's what ffTK defaults to. Perhaps others have additional experiences and comments.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne