From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 13:45:47 CDT

Hi,
  Thanks for the note. I'm CCing Jim Phillips to see if he has comments
on how we can improve this situation. Currently there's no way for
the namdenergy plugin to know if the NAMD binary is a CUDA binary or not,
so I'm not sure what the best long-term fix is. We'll see what Jim suggests.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/