From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2013 - 10:01:48 CDT

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Christian Wohlschlager
<Christian.Wohlschlager_at_jku.at> wrote:
> Hy All !
>

> I'm using VMD 1.9.1 on Linux (i allso have Windows 7) loading two pdb any
> two psf and i try to merge with the Plugin Merge Structures
> yes as a result i get 1 File but all of the coordinates in there are zero,
> i dont know the version of the plugin it doesnt say so ( according to the
> file name of the plugin ist
> 1.1).
> Anything I do wrong or i should change

not sure. there may be a discussion of this in the mailing list
archive. i have a faint recollection, that i've head this before.
since it has been a while since the 1.9.1 release, you may want to try
a recent test version.

also you could try the alternate method presented here:

https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/topotools/topotools-tutorial---various-tips-tricks#TOC-Combine-multiple-data-files-with-overlap-detection-and-removal

i haven't tested it extensively for the purpose of merging psf/pdb
files, but it should work nevertheless.

axel.