From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2013 - 10:53:43 CDT

ffTK generates Gaussian input files for computing water interaction energies at each interaction site with the following syntax:

RESNAME-(ACC | DON)-ATOMNAME.gau

There are special cases (e.g., carbonyl oxygens) in which three interaction input files are generated. These position the water molecule 180 degrees and +/-120 degrees with respect to the C=O bond and have the following syntax for the 120 degree orientations:

RESNAME-(ACC | DON)-ATOMNAME-(120a | 120b).gau

When importing the target data into the QM Target Data section of the Charge Opt. tab, ffTK parses the filename to pull out the atom name, which is needed during the optimization. For these 120 degree files, the parser don't quite do this right, and the atom name gets parsed as ATOMNAME-120(a | b). In the target data box, simply modify the column for the atom name to remove the -120(a | b) portion, yielding a valid atom name.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne