From: Ming-Tsung Lee (mtlee0810_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2013 - 11:11:57 CDT

Thank you John for the respond. I have been talking to NVIDIA technical
support for several times about this. As you presumed, the reason my VMD
Quadbuffered didn't work is that I was not using a Quadro card. Although
both GeForce and Quadro cards support 3D vision, stereo output in OpenGL
(in VMD, or others like DS Studio, PyMol etc.) is only available by using
Quadro card. 3D vision on GeForce, quote NVIDIA's words, is only for gaming
and watching movies. If one wants to use 3D vision for OpenGL, a (more
pricey) professional Quadro card is necessary.

Nevertheless, I bought NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 ($200 on Amazon), and 3D
visualization in VMD works like a charm.

--
Ming-Tsung Lee
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering