From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2013 - 11:53:23 CDT

Hi,
  Without significantly more detail it is hard to give you a concrete
suggestion for solving your problem. You still haven't told us what program
you were using to view the resulting .BMP file. Did you try generating a
Targa image instead? If you can make a zip file containing your .BMP or
a Targa image generated by Tachyon, along with a Snapshot capture of the
VMD OpenGL window, that would be very helpful. Even better would be to
get a copy of your VMD saved state file and input files so I can try
and reproduce your problem here. If you can make such a zip file and
post it somewhere that I can download it, I can take a look at your
problem in more detail.