From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2013 - 16:04:09 CST

Hi,
  I haven't yet validated VMD against the latest Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 release
that just came out. I started compiling it recently out of necessity
to get around a segfault problem in Tcl 8.5.x when running on ARM chips,
but I haven't exercised the Tk scripts yet. In updating VMD to compile
against Tcl 8.6, I had to make a couple of changes to the webpdb plugin,
so I was curious how you'd gotten around that when you did your test build
of VMD 1.9.1, since it didn't have this fix. Anyway, I expect to try
the developmental versions of VMD 1.9.2 against Tcl/Tk 8.6.0 shortly as
my tests on the ARM platform continue.