From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 15:51:14 CST

Hi,
  You should be using one of the "user" fields to store anything that
is time-varying. The current VMD PDB plugin does not try to store
the various PDB fields as time-varying data because the "beta" field in
VMD is not a time-varying field. That said, you can write a script
that will load the PDBs and copy their beta fields into the user field
for a given timestep if you like.