From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 21:59:01 CST

Hi Brian,
  I'm traveling with little email access. I believe tc.h is
the header file for ACTC. If you turn off ACTC in your VMD
configuration, you should be able to compile without it.
ACTC is used to make MSMS surfaces display much more efficiently
by post-processing the triangle meshes MSMS makes, turning them
into what are known as triangle strips.