From: George Patargias (gpat_at_bioacademy.gr)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 06:01:47 CDT

Hello

Apologies if this is too trivial. I am trying to figure out how to
connect/use the Novint Falcon device for IMD with VMD/NAMD.

As far as I understand, the VRPN-ICMS software (from Dr Kohlmeyer's page)
provides an interface between Falcon and VMD; is this correct? If so it
needs to to be installed in the the machine where the IMD will run?

I am asking because I have seen pictures in which haptic devices are
connected/controlled by a separate machine (e.g. a laptop).

Apart from VMD, NAMD and VRPN-ICMS no other additional package is needed
to run an IMD?

Thanks in advance.

George

Dr. George Patargias