From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2012 - 09:43:37 CDT

Hi,
  Please read through the VMD tutorials and learn about atom
selections in the scripting interface. Once you know how to
make atom selections, you can use the various "move" commands
to alter the positions of the molecules. There are examples in
both the tutorials and more extensive documentation in the
VMD User's Guide.