From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 11:19:28 CST

Hi Alan,
This button will "smooth out" the high frequency motions in a simulation
that is loaded into VMD. The window size is the number of frames to
average together to relieve the jerkiness that might be present when a
trajectory is play in VMD.

Brian

 On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

> What "Trajectory smoothing window size" does?
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Brian Bennion wrote:
>
> > In the graphical representations box under the trajectory tab, you can
> > turn on "update selection every frame" button and that should work.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Jérôme Hénin wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > How can I tell VMD to recalculate (using STRIDE) the secondary structure of a
> > > protein for every frame of a trajectory?
> > >
> > > Thanks

**Brian Bennion, Ph.D.                                         **
**Computational and Systems Biology Division                   **
**Biology and Biotechnology Research Program                   **
**Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                       **
**P.O. Box 808, L-448    bennion1_at_llnl.gov                     **
**7000 East Avenue       phone: (925) 422-5722                 **
**Livermore, CA  94550   fax:   (925) 422-6605                 **